[extropy-chat] FWD [U-Tapao] Re: Ethanol [Small Farmer's Journal tag]

Terry W. Colvin fortean1 at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 2 03:12:39 UTC 2005

Forwarding from another list...

Terry

My grandparents on both sides and several aunts and uncles farmed in
southern Indiana.
None are farming now.  I came across the following web site when I read
an article in
today's newspaper, "Horse-and-plow farming offers financial, other
benefits."

< http://www.smallfarmersjournal.com/ >

I tried Googling the article but no joy.

Here is an excerpt:

"Lynn Miller, whose quarterly Small Farmer's Journal caters to
horse-farming and
tracks it closely, figures there are about 400,000 people in America who
depend
in some measure on animal power for farming, logging and other
livelihoods, and
he says the number is on the rise."

Terry

*****

--
"Only a zit on the wart on the heinie of progress." Copyright 1992, Frank Rice

Terry W. Colvin, Sierra Vista, Arizona (USA) < fortean1 at mindspring.com >
     Alternate: < fortean1 at msn.com >
Home Page: < http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/8958/index.html >
Sites: * Fortean Times * Mystic's Haven * TLCB *
      U.S. Message Text Formatting (USMTF) Program
veterans, Allies, CIA/NSA, and "steenkeen" contractors are welcome.]