[extropy-chat] intelligent design homework

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 00:42:55 UTC 2005

> --- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > At 11:16 AM 8/5/2005 -0700, Mike L. wrote:
> >
> > >Well, if they are going to be teaching ID, we
> might as well demand
> > >equal time and insist that the Simulation
> Argument be taught in
> > schools
> > >as well. At least it is logically consistent.
> >
> > And Pythagorean astronomy, and astrology. And
> Mormon North American
> > history. And Scientology cosmogony. And Christian
> science medical
> > theory.
> > "It's good for the children to hear the other
> side." Apparently
> > there's
> > only one other side.

Of COURSE there is only one other side. EVERYBODY
knows that Odin created the Earth from the slain
corpse of Ymir the Frost Giant. Ymir's bones became
the mountains, his blood the oceans, and his skull the
vault of heaven. Moreover Odin was crucified for 3
days and nights as a sacrifice of himself to himself
on the trunk of Yggdrasil. That's how he learned to
see into the future. So as long as the schools get the
TRUTH straight, it should all be fine. ;)

I am actually somewhat curious as to what you would
TEACH about ID? I mean they don't really have a theory
or any real doctrine as far as I know. I mean what
more is there to say about ID other than well, "stuff
is real complicated so maybe SOMEBODY created it all."
So will it just be remembering bible verses? Or is
there a new bible that explains creation in scientific
terms. Like whether the 7 days it took to create the
earth were solar days or sidereal days? What time of
day was the platypus created and what was God thinking
at the time? "Verily, HIS workshop runneth over with
spare parts and it being near evening of the fifth
day, HE smoketh of the hemp and fashioned the platypus
and saw that it was good." ;)

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson