[extropy-chat] Future friendly movies

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 7 14:45:01 UTC 2005

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Giu1i0 Pri5c0
> To: ExI chat list
> Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Future friendly movies
> A great transhumanist movie would be based on a great plot in a
> believable and well researched future scenario...

The closest thing we have to a future friendly fiction
is the Jetsons cartoon from the 60s.  Star Trek was mostly
about the future of warfare.  Every future-based movie
or TV program I can think of was filled with conflict.  In
the Jetsons it was just middle class Americana in a 25th
century setting.  Of course it was comedy and a kid's show.

Are there *any* examples of future fiction in which things
worked out well all around?