[extropy-chat] [Politics] Real Politick

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 16:28:49 UTC 2005

Released felons who have completed their probation are eligible to file
a motion with the court for relief of civil disability. Probation is
also part of their sentence, not just imprisonment, so until they
complete their probation, they are still 'paying their debt to
society'. Most felons don't qualify because they typically re-offend
before the end of their probation.

--- Al Brooks <kerry_prez at yahoo.com> wrote:

> But released felons have paid their debt to society and ought to be
> allowed to vote again.
>

> And, I should add, every attempt at creating voter registration and
> voting rules that actually ensures that everyone who gets a ballot
> actually is a citizen of the US and a resident of the district of the
> polling station and not a felon is consistently fought against by
> Robbies beloved Democrats.

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com