[extropy-chat] From soy & lentils to Soylent specials

Dan Clemmensen dgc at cox.net
Sun Aug 21 00:14:05 UTC 2005

Amara Graps wrote:

> Dan Clemmensen dgc at cox.net  :
>
>> From my perspective, the most effective way to end the slaughter of
>> innocent cows [...]
>
> yes, it would be much better to slaughter _guilty_ cows
>
> :-)

Don't get me started. Cows with attitude are the first to go, let me
assure you.
Of course, steers have every reason to have an attitude, they just no
longer have
all the equipment.

As a transhumanist, I'm opposed to killing innocent mammals, because it
sets a bad
precedent. If an SI decides to eliminate humans based on economic
utility, Humans
have already created ample precedent.

We might be slighty ore justified isn killing "guilty" mammals: those
that in our considered
opinion are causing more harm than good.