[extropy-chat] a futurist prediction

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 10:57:56 UTC 2005

On 8/25/05, Bret Kulakovich <bret at bonfireproductions.com> wrote:

> That's actually very helpful to know - I am using the MacOSX mail
> client, and although it does threading, the highlights bind to header
> data that is dependent on people paying attention to them. For
> instance, when starting a new thread it is easier to reply to
> someone's email from the list and then remove the subject and the
> content and put in my own subject - but this wreaks havoc on this
> threading mechanism.

Google has just announced their new (pretty basic) IM system for
instant messaging and chat. Because you need a gmail account to use it
and they want to encourage new users, they are now issuing gmail
invites to pretty well anyone. I think they are still using the old
'recommend a friend' system, but every gmail user has 50 invites and
if you use them up they will be renewed the next day.

If you want to see what gmail looks like, go to:
<http://mail.google.com/mail/help/about.html>
and look at some of the screenshots.

BillK