Oxygenating the flame in threads was Re: [extropy-chat] a futurist prediction

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 26 06:07:21 UTC 2005

--- Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:
> What you could possibly do is set up an email
> address - say
> extropy-crap at lists.extropy.org. People could forward
> email they
> disliked to that address, as a vote against it.
> Instead of killfiling
> someone, you could forward their entire output to
> that address, as a
> permanent mark of disdain!
>
> I guess you'd also want an
> extropy-great at lists.extropy.org, to send
> excellent posts and favoured postors to.

I like this idea. It's like a hall of shame or a
blooper reel. You idea has both the positive and
negative reinforcement that is the best basis of
heuristic learning. I think this would be appropriate.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson