[extropy-chat] Transhumanist Community

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 05:29:39 UTC 2005

Brandon,
there have been many attempts to create transhumanist web boards and
move the discussion there from the mailing lists, but there has been a
lot of inertia and after a while we always went back to mailing lists.
For example the WTA forum is (login required):
http://www.transhumanism.org/index.php/forums/
but apparently participants prefer to use the email list wta-talk.
I understand this, as also for me email is more immediate and
convenient. I see something interesting in my inbox, read it, reply
immediately is I wish. Since I use gmail I am also able to find old
posts by searching my mail.
Or perhaps we are just too used to email.
I am involved in some new thing that will be a mix of mailing list,
blogging system, web board, tagged repository, etc., something very
web2.0 - but I realize that to make people use something instead than
mailing lists, this something has to be much better and easier to use
than a list.
G.