[extropy-chat] Lists vs Boards (was Transhumanist Community)

bluesteel_0 at yahoo.co.uk bluesteel_0 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 08:46:47 UTC 2005

I prefer web boards/forum style systems, but one of
the problems with both the WTA and Extropy is that
forum access is rather hidden. Look on the home page
of both organisations and there is no obvious Forum
link. For the WTA as far as I can see, one must
register as a member then log in before the 'chat on
boards' option becomes visible, and for the Extropy
Institute one must click on 'subscribe to email list'
or 'extropy chat', then the ExI BBS option (third
down). Not exactly obvious, especially for new users.
If both of those organisations had a Forum link or
button on the homepage there may be more usage.

I subscribe to the lists now as its easier to gather
things together in one location (and some messages on
the ExI BBS from some posters always seem empty,
unless viewed via the list). This is fine when there
is low to moderate traffic, but one a thread takes
off, ones inbox can be inundated. Also with lists,
often messages are cross-posted, which means double
the volume. Maybe we need a central page for links to
all H+ Boards?

Julian

=== message truncated ===

"Fahrkarte bis zur Endstation!"