[extropy-chat] effing

Gary Miller aiguy at comcast.net
Wed Dec 7 17:04:39 UTC 2005

Since these statistics were reported by a email newsletter, I'm not sure how
much credence should be given it.

But on the bright side I'm sure we still have a much lower death by bombing
rate.

>> If you consider that there have been an average of 160,000 troops in the
Iraq Theater of operations during the last 22 months, and a total of 2112
deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000.

The firearm death rate in Washington D.C. is 80.6 per 100,000.

That means that you are about 25% more likely to be shot and killed in our
Nation's Capitol, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the
nation, than you are in Iraq.

Conclusion: We should immediately pull out of Washington.