[extropy-chat] letter concerning presidential growth

Alan Brooks albrooks2006 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 18:45:41 UTC 2005

[if no one complains of my recycled Letters To The Editor, such will be taken as acquiesence. Some may not like the letters; some might not read them-- however a few may read & appreciate them]

Noted with dismay Mike Arvey's conspiracy theory piece in the Sounding Off column. Conspiracy theories metastasize all over the web, and now we get them on the editorial page of this paper? Well, at least the title, 'From The Grassy Knoll', is correct. Conspiracy theories take grains of validity and attempt to enlarge them into rocks, you don't even require a computer or books & periodicals to know about them, you can overhear conversations in a city such as this if you keep your ears open. The New World Order; Cheney; Halliburton. The first time I heard about Halliburton it was exciting but now after hearing about Halliburton on perhaps over a thousand occasions since 1999 it is enough to give one the heaves. Arvey gives the game away in his 4th paragraph: "When Bush says that 'rebuilding a nation devastated by a dictator is a large undertaking,'  he demonstrates, once again, his projective skills". Oh, so now Bush has skills, he is no longer a cretinous frat boy sitting on Cheney's
 lap? Bush has demonstrated 'career agility' and is now adept at 'personal growth'?
   Bush is now 'with it'?

nattering nabob Of positivism since 1976