[extropy-chat] The NeoCon Mind-Trick (was letter concerning presidential growth)

Joseph Bloch transhumanist at goldenfuture.net
Fri Dec 16 00:46:18 UTC 2005

I will absolutely argue that your data is, if not fictitious, at least
not up to scientific standards.

The IQ tests delivered over the tickle.com website aren't valid
instruments, and the people who take them are a self-selected audience
and are thus not necessarily representative of the population at large
or the voting population.

This is a completely nonsensical analysis. What it needs to have, is a
scientifically rigorous IQ test (think WAIS-R) crosstabbed by registered
voter. People who voted in previous elections would be ideal.

But someone who took a 5-minute web-based IQ test crossed with statewide
voting data? C'mon...

Joseph