[extropy-chat] Re: letter concerning presidential growth

Jack Parkinson isthatyoujack at icqmail.com
Fri Dec 16 04:55:00 UTC 2005

> From: "nvitamore at austin.rr.com" <nvitamore at austin.rr.com>
>>

> "I will be unsubscribing immediately, and at least for a week.  I
> subscribe to this list for extropy, not politics.  When it returns to
> extropy, I will be back."
>
> I'd like to read posts on extropy and the future.
>
> Natasha Vita-More

It is not as if this kind of debate is irrelevant to an extropian future.
Although we may be confident that the advanced technology WILL arrive. And
while we may be even quite sure that we can confidently predict a broad
arange of things that the technology MIGHT empower us to do - what actually
happens is a function of the political process now and in the future.

I think that future politics are far more worrisome and have a far greater
potential for disaster than any future advances in technology. After all the
technology is neutral - the users of technology are not.

Jack Parkinson