[extropy-chat] terrorist self-hatred?

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Fri Dec 16 06:34:02 UTC 2005

On Dec 15, 2005, at 8:46 PM, gts wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 23:15:19 -0500, spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> This is a critically important distinction.  Not only do
>> terrorists kill civilians, but in some cases they target
>> children intentionally.  I have heard of two cases....

So has our own military.   Not all terrorist go after civilian
targets.  Is it ok if they only go after military and opposition
government targets using the same means?

> Middle-eastern suicide bombers appear in our world as very evil
> people, no question about that.

No more evil than any who initiate force.  Those who strike back with
asymmetric force are not automatically more evil than powerful states
who initiated force.

> Lacking real material weapons, terrorists use a form of
> psychological warfare (terror) in hopes of winning a war against
> the west.

This is not all terrorism is about or certainly not all the US claims
is "terrorism".

- samantha