[extropy-chat] Re: US not right to invade say Iraqis

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Fri Dec 16 17:49:21 UTC 2005

"Brett Paatsch" <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au>

> This question of whether or not the invasion of Iraq on 20 March 2003 was
> in violation of the UN Charter....

....is of zero practical interest and has precious little of even
theoretical
significance to offer. The interesting question is whether or not the
invasion of Iraq on 20 March 2003 was a good idea or not. We know now that
it was not a good idea, and thus people like me who were 50% for the
invasion were 50% wrong and people like you who were 100% against the
invasion were 100% right; you were right for the wrong reason but the
important thing is you were right. It sure beats the hell out of being wrong
for the right reason.

    John K Clark