[extropy-chat] Re: US not right to invade say Iraqis

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Tue Dec 20 19:49:09 UTC 2005

On Dec 20, 2005, at 8:37 AM, John K Clark wrote:

> "Samantha Atkins" <sjatkins at mac.com>
>
>> It was acknowledged as being true by the US.  Why quibble?
>
> Quibble? If you really think that is true and sincerely believe
> that the
> primary reason Saddam invaded Kuwait was because Kuwait was
> stealing its oil
> them you have successfully tortured the facts to make them fit your
> world
> view, a world view where the USA is always on the side of evil.
> Congratulations.

Sigh.  I said that it is incontestable that Kuwait was slant-drilling
Iraqi oil.  No more or less.

>>  We weren't incompetent.  We set him up exactly as we intended.
>
> So lets see, we deliberately tricked Saddam into invading Kuwait so
> we could
> spend hundreds of billions of dollars and thousands of lives and
> push the
> borders back to exactly where they were before. Tell me Samantha,
> do you
> also believe the government has a flying saucer and an alien locked
> up at
> area 51?

No.  The ultimate goal is to establish major US control in the
region.  Saddam was no longer playing ball.    Save your snide
remarks for the playground where you learned them.  They do not
belong here.

>> We even worked hard to make up enough to make our
>> actions seem reasonable.
>
> Far from being reasonable your theory makes not one tiny particle
> of sense.

More snide remarks?  Responding further to you on this subject is now
a waste of my time.   Later.

- samantha