[extropy-chat] Impeachment of President Bush What odds am I offered?

gts gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 21 01:22:51 UTC 2005

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:50:44 -0500, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com>
wrote:

>> It's absurd to think Iraqis would vote just to appease the US.
>
> It is their only means at this time to hopefully get control of their
> own country.  Perhaps not to appease the US but it is the only lever
> they can legally use at the moment.

Isn't this true for every voter in every democracy (or in our case
republic)? I vote because voting is my only hope of getting control of my
country, and the only lever I can legally use.

I'm very critical of the invasion of Iraq, but I'm glad to see the Iraqis
voting in such large number. Bush got us into trouble but it looks like
the Iraqi people might bail us out.

Bush's told a story in his speech about someone at the polls who was asked
if he was Sunni or Shiite. He answered, "I'm an Iraqi." It almost brought
tears to my eyes. Let's hope that kind of thinking is spreading in Iraq.

-gts