[extropy-chat] Cruel, Inhuman and Degrading Treatment

J. Andrew Rogers andrew at ceruleansystems.com
Wed Dec 21 07:27:58 UTC 2005

On Dec 20, 2005, at 11:05 PM, Brett Paatsch wrote:
> How am I a "terrorist" ?

You are not a terrorist, at least not by any definition I would use
-- I used the quotes for a reason.  But I have heard some remarkably
contorted and convoluted rationalization from some in the right-wing
that allows them to assert that just about anyone they disagree with
is a "terrorist".  On the other side, some in the left-wing have an
uncanny ability to label any and all possible actions as "torture",
particularly if they think they can use it for political advantage.
And vice versa for these terms.  A label that is applied to
everything no longer means much of anything.

Whether or not you consider yourself to be a terrorist or even having
anything in common with terrorists is irrelevant.  Remember, when 80%
of the rest of the population is insane, it is not *they* who are
insane but you -- just ask them.

J. Andrew Rogers