[extropy-chat] Politics

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Fri Dec 23 05:33:36 UTC 2005

Mike Hayes wrote:

> I read a number of very good blogs, both left and right,
> on politics.  I have not seen in the time I have been lurking,
> anything here that was worth responding to on politics, or
> related to the scope of the maillist.  The matter is
> complicated because this list has an international audience,
> and they often may not comprehend the intricacies of USA
> stuff and feel intensely about it.
>
> Thass called jest Bandwidth Hogging down her in Texas.

You are new. Politics isn't reducable to a left right split.
See one of Greg Burch's recent posts for that.

Congratulations on not responding when you didn't have
anything to say.

This list does have an international audience. And part of
that international audience just might know more about the
intricacies of USA stuff, as you put it, than you do.

For instance did you know that it was your own fellow
Texan, Senator Tom Connally who in delivering the UN