[extropy-chat] Bloodless Redistribution of Wealth(wasSingulartarians)

gts gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 19:56:57 UTC 2005

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 06:02:40 -0500, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com>
wrote:

> No.  The value of currency is fixed by government fiat in the US.  It
> has a monopoly.

The value of our currency is not fixed in any way, Samantha. All we know
for certain is that a $20 bill is worth 20 times more than a $1 bill. But
how much is a Bill Gates $20 bill worth compared to an Al Capone $20 bill?

We can't have different bills for the same denominations. The effect would
be that of creating new unspecified denominations. Some 20's would be
worth more than other 20's. Chaos.

If they are to be collector's items only, fine, but in that case they
could be issued only in small number. Collectors only collect rare items.

-gts