[extropy-chat] Bloodless Redistribution of Wealth(wasSingulartarians)

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 20:16:58 UTC 2005

--- gts <gts_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> We can't have different bills for the same
> denominations. The effect would
> be that of creating new unspecified denominations.
> Some 20's would be
> worth more than other 20's. Chaos.

But why not? We have different coins for the same
denomination. Some state quarters may be rarer than
others but they all buy exactly 25 cents worth of
stuff at the store. We have Eisenhower dollars,
Anthony dollars, and Sakajawea dollars that all buy
exactly $1 worth of stuff. How is whose face on a
dollar going to affect the "value" of the dollar when
it has not been the case so far? Also Bush just gave
the go ahead to mint a series of dollar coins with all
the dead presidents on them:

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20051216-011546-2131r

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. . ."

- Albert Einstein, "What I Believe" (1930)