[extropy-chat] Bill Moyers' Comments - Debunked

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 9 15:21:22 UTC 2005

--- Olga Bourlin <fauxever at sprynet.com> wrote:

> From: "Samantha Atkins" <sjatkins at mac.com>
>
> > This is getting old.  Compared to the outrageous lies of this
> > administration everything media has done or is alleged to have done
> is
> > very small potatoes.
>
> Yes, yes, yes.  A hundred times yes.
>
> What's going on in this country? - a plague of AADD? (for how quickly
> "we" seem to forget).
>
> The lies of this administration have been unprecedented in their
> audacity, smugness, shiftiness, and self-righteousness.  Where's the
> accountability?
> Does anyone care about integrity anymore?  (and ...What's happening
> to the hitherto-implicit respect for science?)
>
> And (yes, another yes) I've asked this question before:  Where's the
> outrage?

That's very funny. Never in my life would I hear Olga Bourlin repeating
the words of Bill Bennett. Olga, dear, outrage went out of fashion
under Clinton, when y'all lectured us that it wasn't important that the
President is a liar, a cheater, who uses US foreign policy to benefit
his personal life.

Now we have a 'compassionate conservative' President, who "feels the
pain" of the oppressed peoples around the world, who thinks that we
should follow the advice of JFK, who said, "Let every nation know. .
.whether it wishes us well or ill. . . that we shall pay any price,
bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe,
to assure the survival and the success of liberty. This much we pledge.
. .and more."

Are you all going to deny him the benefit of doubt you gave Clinton
(and done so woozily by you ladies)?

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)