[extropy-chat] Silicon Valley pod villages?

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 12 22:30:59 UTC 2005

Oh, Snow Crash....
Prices in valley too low, plus transport system is auto based, no
reasonable bus or commuter trains. Try again in 15 years. Also, local
building code probably can't distinguish between pod hotels and homeless
encampments. If you can put up with the commute, a tarp, sleeping bag and
remote redwood tree works fine. Bit wet, but so what?

At 09:52 PM 2/7/2005, you wrote:
>Wasnt' intent on trolling. Had reread Snow Crash and have been looking
>at how far we are to triggering the sort of devolution that would
>result in the Snow Crash world. Was figuring that the Japanese bod pod
>style hotels should be marketable given the real estate rates in the
>Valley these days, and that these sortsa people would be pretty
>experienced with spending time in Japan on contracts as well.
>
>Why, was I hitting a nerve?
>
>--- Hara Ra <harara at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > Hey, Mike, out there, a troll is a troll is a troll.....

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =
=   Alcor North Cryomanagement   =
=   Alcor Advisor to Board       =