[extropy-chat] sri lanka tragedy a result of global warming?

_ _ siproj at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 20:46:52 UTC 2005

Hello:

Exxon/Mobil has been removing huge quantities
of natural gas from Aceh.  (Reputed to be the
third of the total worldwide production for LNG).

So the tsunami in part may have been induced
by mineral extraction in the area.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NewImages/images.php3?img_id=16775

Note the coast line shift etc.  If Exxon/Mobil were
implicated for blame in the case of this tsunami
then the ramifications to offshore extraction of
petroleum and natural gas are serious.

That is a big if.

As for litigation.  Well I think the price of
that companies stock could get pressured
if people start thinking in that way.

--
siproj at rci.ripco.com     Creator of alt.inventors and keeper of the Official
                         alt.inventors FAQ despite what some alt.config