[extropy-chat] (no subject)

Matus matus at matus1976.com
Fri Jan 7 00:05:41 UTC 2005

> That's partially the case, but another major factor is the the West in
> general, and the US in particular, quite often has had a hand in
putting
> these genocidal maniacs where they are today, or at least supporting
> them. Saddam is a case in point, but the US is currently cosying up to
> whole load of warlords in Afghanistan, a guy who boils political
> prisoners alive (Uzbekistan IIRC) and of course our good pal the
nuclear
> armed Islamic military dictator Musharraf, to name but a few.
>
> --

Yet we had nothing to do with putting Kim Jong Il in power, or Idi Amin,
or Mao Ze Dong.  Whether or not the US played a role in propping up
dictators, and whether it was just or not in that circumstance, is
irrelevant to the question of why the media just doesn't give a shit
about the millions of people dying in North Korea or the Sudan.  A large
number of those journalists don't like the US anyway, so would see it as
a good opportunity.  I ask again, has any western journalist ever been
tortured or kidnapped or murdered by North Korea?  Anyone know?

Michael