[extropy-chat] weaponry

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 7 00:59:20 UTC 2005

Years ago I was mugged. Though caught by surprise and temporarily blind in
one eye, and I didn't fall, I had to walk past him to get away. Which I
did, my utter fearlessness I think got to the bastard.

I have a deep temper, rarely fully expressed. If I had a gun, I would
probably use it in an way which limits my freedom.

If I ever am mugged again, then I will pack iron, join the local gun club
and stay in practice, take the required confrontation courses and if needs
be, be truly deadly. However, I think, perhaps stupidly, that prevention is
a better cure, so I keep my animal and (extropians or not) my 'psychic'
senses (use 'intuitive' if you must) always alert in any situation of any
possible danger.

Bayes or not, it seems to work. But I haven't seen any tigers either.

> > >If a weapon other than a bullet is even invented that will
> > >just as reliably stop a 280 lb attacker

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =
=   Alcor North Cryomanagement   =