[extropy-chat] weaponry

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 21:57:20 UTC 2005

--- Ned Late <nedlt at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It is self-evident in America that citizens have the right to defend
> themselves, second amendment rights must be protected. However the
> catch (no pun intended) is: it's not as simple as merely pulling a
> pistol out of a pocket and firing at a bad guy; if it were I'd obtain
> a conceal-carry permit myself-- I'm certainly not going to walk
> around like James Arness with an unconcealed gun.

Actually, open carry is your right here in NH. We are dealing with an
issue these days of cops moving from other states who don't pay
attention to the laws here and harass law abiding citizens exercising
their rights in the southern townships of the state, but that is being
addressed.

Many states place hurdles on people defending themselves, for sure. Not
here, though, and not in a growing number of states.

Taking a life in never simple, of course, even one that deserved what
they got.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)