[extropy-chat] weaponry

Ned Late nedlt at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 22:22:39 UTC 2005

I have no problem with others wanting to open-carry, but wouldn't do so myself, just as some like to be on nude beaches yet others feel uncomfortable.
Main thing is, I don't care what statisticians say, it would be the real-time situation of having a bad guy or two stick a weapon in the face. Is there time to quick-draw?: depends on one's reflexes & training. I'd just give them my wallet. And the legal mess you get into when you defend yourself is daunting. Even police are leery of using their weapons, they have to fill out reports, have photos taken, go to court...

Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
Actually, open carry is your right here in NH. We are dealing with an
issue these days of cops moving from other states who don't pay
attention to the laws here and harass law abiding citizens exercising
their rights in the southern townships of the state, but that is being
addressed.

Many states place hurdles on people defending themselves, for sure. Not
here, though, and not in a growing number of states.

Taking a life in never simple, of course, even one that deserved what
they got.