[extropy-chat] weaponry

Kevin Freels cmcmortgage at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 7 23:45:05 UTC 2005

Actually, police have a harder time than do civilians. They are trained NOT to shoot. They are trained to apprehend. That is not a requirement of a civilian in a potentially deadly situation. I used to have all the stats, but not any more. I do remember that most civilian defensive shootings are open and shut really quick.

As for the wallet, protecting it from an attacker IS illegal. The use of lethal force is for protecting yourself. If you think throwing your wallet will help, then do it by all means, but usually you don;t get to ask them what they want. They hit you THEN take the wallet.