[extropy-chat] weaponry

Kevin Freels cmcmortgage at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 7 22:34:50 UTC 2005

Indiana Law states that lethal force may be used if a person threatens you
with death or serious bodily harm AND has the means AND ability to do so.
They also allow lethal force in the event that someone is actively
attempting arson. Note that the lethal force law says nothing of guns.
Instead it addresses the use of a force which could result in someone's
death. Anyone who knows anything about guns knows that guns aren't used to
"kill" in a defensive situation, only to stop. If the bad guy happens to
die, that's their problem and they should have thought of that before they
attacked someone.

The way it is written, a 6 ft tall 280 lb guy attacking an old woman of 5'
and 110 lbs can be dispatched with a handgun even if he is unarmed.
Likewise, a 6ft tall 280 lb guy defending himself from an 18 yr old 5 ft
tall scrawny kid with a small knife may run into some problems if he chooses
to shoot. Sounds almost too much like common sense if you ask me. :-)