[extropy-chat] weaponry

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 00:02:06 UTC 2005

As a person who believes in the possibility of indefinitely long
lifespan, neurological plasticity and unlimited ability of  people to
learn better given enough time, I would definitely prefer a non-lethal
weapon of sufficient stopping power in everyday defensive situations
if such was equivalently available.    I would not willingly kill a
fellow potential immortal for the stupidity of attacking me if at all
possible.

That said, non-lethal weapons also leave one at a disadvantage when up
against attackers who are using lethal weapons.   If they get a shot
end then you are dead. If you get a shot in then they live to perhaps
attack another day.  It is thus to their advantage to keep attacking
until they win as long as they have the desire to do so.

- s