[extropy-chat] Bill Moyers' Comments - Global Environment CitizenAward

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sat Jan 8 08:11:08 UTC 2005

Spike,

You might want to check out what could happen to the haline cycle  if
significant fresh water was dumped into the North Atlantic.    While
reasonable people may disagree on the extend of problems associated
with global warming and the extent of such warming itself, it is not at
all reasonable to simply dismiss the entire topic.  Global warming can
indeed trigger a new ice age although not as dramatically as in a
recent rather silly movie that shall remain nameless.

And why is it that bright people on this list have mostly only harped
on points they disagree with or that play to their favored positions
while missing the urgency of the inmates having considerable influence
in the earth's only remaining superpower?  I would think there are more
important matters at hand.    Or is this sort of response just
diversion in the face of that which one feels powerless to change?

- samantha