[extropy-chat] Death by Injury VS Infection Vs Ageing- STATS?

Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Sat Jan 8 17:54:15 UTC 2005

Extropian Agroforestry Ventures Inc. wrote:

> When one separates the stats on causes of death  is it appropriate to
> have only 3 categories:
>
> Injury- accident, murder, suicide, war, starvation, childbirth
> ,medical procedure failure
>
> Infection - all infectious disease acute and chronic  under age 65,
> congenital malformations leading to death under age 6, allergy related
>
> Ageing as a generalized, chronic degenerative terminal  disease -
> infectious disease after age 65, congenital malformations after age 6,
> all the chronic and various wide ranging  degenerative conditions from
> heart disease to cancer to neurological catastrophe, and general
> systemic failure  including all the longer term ones such as low level
> inflammatory conditions such as  arthritis.
>
> Has onyone a quick link to stats for their country that can be sorted
> out  in this way?
> Does any country or organization  accept ageing as a disease in a
> format as above?

Found with a google search of words chronic +degenerative plus pharase
"ageing as a disease"

a paper:

http://www.maxlife.org/ownersmanual.pdf

with just the stats I mentioned above for the USA for 1996

A graph showing the changing relationship between  accidental,
infectious and ageing complex related deaths over the
last several centuries might also demonstrate the situation simply