[extropy-chat] weaponry

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 8 21:30:01 UTC 2005

Lets take this one step further: We all have a "vulnerable" button. This
can be triggered by anyone else within 10 meters or so. First shot causes
one to sit down safely and stay still for 5 minutes. Full sensory recording
on, illegal to interfere with immobilized person except to save from injury
or death. Only those with buttons can use them. Second use of button adds 5
more minutes and applies to pusher and pushee. At this point local law
enforcement is signaled.

If after 5 minutes, anyone pushes button, all sit down, lose consciousness,
local med team or law enforcement has to do reset.

Strong reinforcer of being careful with ones actions....

At 04:02 PM 1/7/2005, you wrote:
>As a person who believes in the possibility of indefinitely long
>lifespan, neurological plasticity and unlimited ability of  people to
>learn better given enough time, I would definitely prefer a non-lethal
>weapon of sufficient stopping power in everyday defensive situations
>if such was equivalently available.    I would not willingly kill a
>fellow potential immortal for the stupidity of attacking me if at all
>possible.
>
>That said, non-lethal weapons also leave one at a disadvantage when up
>against attackers who are using lethal weapons.   If they get a shot
>end then you are dead. If you get a shot in then they live to perhaps
>attack another day.  It is thus to their advantage to keep attacking
>until they win as long as they have the desire to do so.
>
>- s

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =
=   Alcor North Cryomanagement   =