[Bulk] [extropy-chat] Bill Moyers' Comments - Global Environment Citizen Award

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Jan 10 08:12:06 UTC 2005

Keith,

 I am curious.  What was your opinion before on such ethics (not to
mention whether it is a worthwhile use of the computational resources)
and what is it now?  If, on either side of your chance of heart, you
would subject them to a simulated Rapture, would they be on the "losing"
or "winning" end of same?  :-)

I would be more tempted to run them through a sim where humanity
destroys itself but before they die they understand utterly that their
own erroneous beliefs and those of their siblings in spirit, were
responsible and that their beliefs were in fact totally bogus.   No need
for upload though. A vivid set of induced dreams should do the trick.

- s