[Bulk] [extropy-chat] Bill Moyers' Comments - Global Environment Citizen Award

Hara Ra harara at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 10 22:16:58 UTC 2005

Ditto, posting limit:
=====================
Re forced Techno-Rapture: Recall the I Ching, which in one of its hexagrams
points out that if you "fight evil" there is a terrible tendency to do the
same as they do "in the name of good" and are therefore not any different.
(I can see it now, Bibles with installed Singualarized AIs, which
"rapturize" the reader. Or CDs with the Extropian Principles which
"extropize" the viewer. hmmmm. ExtroBaptism, anyone?)

>S sez: Keith,
>
>I am curious.  What was your opinion before on such ethics (not to mention
>whether it is a worthwhile use of the computational resources) and what is
>it now?
>
>Keith Henson:

>>I must admit it has changed my mind about the ethics of uploading the lot
>>of these loons and subjecting them to a simulated rapture.

=================================
Naah, just your brain pzzzzzzzzzt!

>Aargh!
>
>NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!
>DON'T GET THESE MEMETIC WIRES CROSSED, OR YOU'LL SHORT-CIRCUIT THE UNIVERSE!!
>
>Damien Broderick

=   Hara Ra (aka Gregory Yob)    =
=     harara at sbcglobal.net       =
=   Alcor North Cryomanagement   =