[extropy-chat] education

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Tue Jan 11 16:51:13 UTC 2005

--- Keith Henson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:
> At 12:06 PM 10/01/05 -0800, you wrote:
> >--- Ned Late <nedlt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Didn't you attend school in the UK? Weren't UK
> > > schools
> > > better than US counterparts at that time?
> >
> >Nope.  Palo Alto, California.  Silicon Valley, USA.
>
> What year?  (My daughter graduated there in 2000)

I graduated from Henry M. Gunn High School in 1992.
>From what I hear, the character of the school was in
transition while I was there; it was a bit different
than what my brother experienced a few years prior,
and definitiely different than what was in place in
time for your daughter.  I haven't set foot on the
campus since, so I wouldn't know for sure, although I
have driven by it a few times and it definitely looks
a bit different.  Multiple new buildings, for one.