[extropy-chat] Re: Wait a minute. What's our contingency plan?

alexboko alexboko at umich.edu
Tue Jan 11 20:55:23 UTC 2005

Eugen Leitl wrote:

> I assume I have to die even if things pan out far better than
> expected. Possibly for good, if cryonics isn't there in some four to
> five decades. If you've got reasons for more optimism, let us hear it.

No, I share your assumption, Eugen. That's my whole point-- we need to
take all the steps we can to insure cryonics will be there in four to
five decades, even if most of civilization no longer is.

Of course infinite life is thermodynamically impossible, but not
indefinite life. I was just being sloppy with language, sorry.