[extropy-chat] real expensive education

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed Jan 12 03:42:48 UTC 2005

But I left out the real knee-slapper:

At 04:24 PM 1/11/2005 -0800, Acy wrote:

>According to my information, the government spends more than twice as much
>per student annually as the best private schools.

EDUCATION IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

- PUBLIC SCHOOL EXPENDITURES:  $4,509 per pupil

The annual high school tuition charged today by St. John's in Houston, the
school once attended by my nearest and dearest, is $13,000.

Acy, were you using some esoteric sense of the word `best' (one that
doesn't have `cheapest' built-in as part of the definition)?

Damien Broderick