[extropy-chat] Huygens: First visitor to Titan

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Sat Jan 15 00:26:50 UTC 2005

On Friday, January 14, 2005 1:52 PM Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
wrote:
>> Some teary eyes in the room recounting
>> the years of this mission: 25 years since
>> conception, two generations of scientists,
>> thousands of engineers, hundreds of
>> scientists, 19 countries involved.
>
> Sorry, but this is the thing that really sticks
> out for me, much more than the science
> data.  It takes *that much* to get a lander
> onto Titan?  That's way more than we
> should have to use.  We need to make
> space exploration far more efficient.

Yes, and we already know part of the way to do this: privatize as much
of it as possible.  The other part is to punish many of those involved
in creating the efficiencies in the first place.  This second part is
important to not let the guilty get away with it.

Cheers!

Dan
http://uweb.superlink.net/neptune/