[extropy-chat] can't second guess history

Ned Late nedlt at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 16 00:09:59 UTC 2005

It doesn't appear McCarthy harmed the cause of anti-communism much if at all. Besides, again, there is no point in second-guessing history except as a what-if game.
To get back to my original point, what was negative about '50s was the black poverty rate being at 50%. Allen Dulles mentioned to Truman or Eisenhower that something had to be done concerning black poverty so that the Soviets, and Communists in general, couldn't use it against us both domestically and internationally.