[extropy-chat] RE: [wta-talk] TR: sense of fear

mike99 mike99 at lascruces.com
Thu Jan 20 19:21:27 UTC 2005

Giulio,
Yes, I quite agree with your characterization of Fukuyama's objections to
transhumanism as sounding "like the objections of a child who does not want
to grow into a teen, or a teen who is afraid of growing into an adult."

We have a name for this phenomenon. It is based on a classic of British
children's literature. It is called the "Peter Pan Syndrome."

Regards,

Michael LaTorra

mike99 at lascruces.com
mlatorra at nmsu.edu

"For any man to abdicate an interest in science is to walk with open eyes
towards slavery."
-- Jacob Bronowski

"Experiences only look special from the inside of the system."
-- Eugen Leitl

Member:
Board of Directors, World Transhumanist Association: www.transhumanism.org
Board of Directors, Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies:
http://ieet.org/
Extropy Institute: www.extropy.org
Alcor Life Extension Foundation: www.alcor.org
Society for Technical Communication: www.stc.org