[extropy-chat] Re: extropy-chat Digest, Vol 16, Issue 33

Fri Jan 21 13:32:34 UTC 2005

On Jan 21, 2005, at 8:22 AM, "mike99" <mike99 at lascruces.com> wrote:

> Giulio,
> Yes, I quite agree with your characterization of Fukuyama's objections
> transhumanism as sounding "like the objections of a child who does not
> want
> to grow into a teen, or a teen who is afraid of growing into an adult."
>
> We have a name for this phenomenon. It is based on a classic of British
> children's literature. It is called the "Peter Pan Syndrome."

Interesting.  I have heard the same comment in reverse.  I am
frequently told that I have the "Peter Pan Syndrome" because I don't
want to grow up, grow old, and die.  I want to stay young forever.

--
Harvey Newstrom <HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP, ISSAP, ISSMP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC