[extropy-chat] Peter Pan Syndrome

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Mon Jan 24 07:49:24 UTC 2005

--- Harvey Newstrom <mail at HarveyNewstrom.com> wrote:
> Interesting.  I have heard the same comment in
> reverse.  I am
> frequently told that I have the "Peter Pan Syndrome"
> because I don't
> want to grow up, grow old, and die.  I want to stay
> young forever.

PPS refers to not growing up mentally - and says
nothing about refusing to grow old as separate from
growing up.  If one is psychologically capable of
accepting adult responsibilities and handling them in
the responsible manner, one is not suffering from PPS,
even if one desires to have a physically young body
and a mind that loses none of its capabilities
(especially for learning) even after many centuries or
millenia of life.