[extropy-chat] Who is really the dominant gender?

Ned Late nedlt at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 00:20:17 UTC 2005

Right again, but how many women go into parks and grab mens' wallets? How many women rape men? How many serial killers are women? How many women commit atrocities in war?

Then again, I do find it disturbing that a man who is accused of rape by a believable woman is considered guilty until proven innocent (i.e Tawana Brawley).

Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
I am sorry, but every survey of domestic violence shows that this is
just NOT TRUE. Far more men than women have been assulted by their
partners. It is only because men tend to be physically more powerful
(due to work or a greater emphasis on sports, etc) that women exhibit
greater damage. I challenge you to do a survey of any population of men
and women asking women if it is okay to slap a man and asking men if it
is okay to slap a woman, and then ask if they have ever been slapped. I
guarantee you that it will show that women are more likely to be violent.