[extropy-chat] Who is really the dominant gender?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 07:07:34 UTC 2005

--- Ned Late <nedlt at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I take all these points. Nevertheless, men are willing
> to use force to get their way while women are
> generally (and I say generally) not willing to risk
> using force. Most intergender assaults are by male
> perpetrators.

I am sorry, but every survey of domestic violence shows that this is
just NOT TRUE. Far more men than women have been assulted by their
partners. It is only because men tend to be physically more powerful
(due to work or a greater emphasis on sports, etc) that women exhibit
greater damage. I challenge you to do a survey of any population of men
and women asking women if it is okay to slap a man and asking men if it
is okay to slap a woman, and then ask if they have ever been slapped. I
guarantee you that it will show that women are more likely to be violent.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)