[extropy-chat] Alcor President Joseph Waynick needs our support forhis 2005 Agenda

Reason reason at longevitymeme.org
Thu Jan 27 06:48:58 UTC 2005

--> starman2100 at cableone.net

> But I am troubled because I know lofty goals have been set before by Alcor
> leaders and not been achieved for various reasons.  And so I ask
> the list members
> what they think we can do to support President Waynick in his
> efforts to get
> these things actually done before the year is out.  What can we do?

You're focusing on the wrong things. The real benefit that Joe Waynick
brings to Alcor is a sense of business professionalism. This, not any
particular aim at a set of capabilities, it what will serve Alcor well. So
far he looks like he has his head screwed on right and is taking the right
sort of steps to take Alcor to the next stage - none of that implying any
slight against those who have brought the enterprise this far. There is
simply a point at which the true believers, volunteers and entrepreneurs
have to either grow into employees and businesspeople or hand over the reins
to employees and businesspeople in order to assure growth, reliability and
professionalism.

The best thing that people here can do? Expect more. Don't cut Alcor any
slack just because they're doing something we agree with - it's a business,
and so we should demand the same level of service, progress and
professionalism we do elsewhere.

Reason
Founder, Longevity Meme