[extropy-chat] Entering Tomorrowland

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 11:27:01 UTC 2005

Stuff Of Science Fiction Becomes Reality As People Clone Their Pets,
Book Passage Into Space
Want to clone your cat? Preserve your cadaver? Fly to space?
The stuff of science fiction is now well within the realm of everyday
commerce - if you've got the cash.
Genetic Savings and Clone, in Sausalito, Calif., will clone your cat
for $50,000. Virgin Galactic promises $190,000 space tours in the
not-too-distant future. Alcor Life Extension Foundation will preserve
your cadaver today for $150,000 - or your head alone for $80,000 - to
lock-in the chance of being resurrected at some future date.
By the end of this decade, consumers will be sporting wearable
computing devices that offer always-on Internet access. Our contact
lenses will beam images to our retina so everywhere we walk, we'll see
a virtual-reality image. When friends call, we'll see them as though
we're face-to-face.
At least that's the future according to inventor Ray Kurzweil.
http://www.ctnow.com/technology/hc-techlede0127.artjan27,1,650944.story?coll=hc-headlines-technology&ctrack=1&cset=true