[extropy-chat] so is America fascist yet?

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Jan 28 10:07:29 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 10:17:29AM +0100, Hubert Mania wrote:

> But the predator capitalists of the world would tear me apart. And apart
> from this unattainable goal I can see no relief. Count me out as a
> contributor for global solutions.

Giving people unfiltered, unconstrained access to global knowledge might be
the only thing which could nudge people into position of helping themselves.

It won't work for everyone, every time. The infrastructure itself is suitable
for establishing superfascist control regimes (something like the Emergents,
not trivial things a la 1984).