[extropy-chat] Call for contributions: "Intro to H+" book

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Jan 29 17:59:30 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 06:57:51AM +0100, Giu1i0 Pri5c0 wrote:

> And at that time, fashion will be about body design rather than clothes.
> I am for simplicity and understatement, think I will choose a grey
> cube as body shape.

Depending on how efficient the others will force you to be you have less and
less choice about your physical architecture. Somewhat weaker, this also
applies to entity interaction, aka signalling and computing. As long as
computational physics as we know it rules over it all, of course.

Rendering an artifical reality, even strongly modified artificial reality is
something what human primates would do. There's every reason to suspect that
native or human-derived systems will be completely insignificant, soon after
evolution speed starts to soar.

What this means is that conservativism will get you killed, or your bubbles
of meaning get trapped in the sea of incomprehensible.